Monday, October 29, 2012

Forbidden Forest Review

 
Born in shame. Cast from society. Shape Shifter/Elf hybrid, Forest must fight for any respect she can get. Targeted in her youth by a vampire noble who placed an illegal slave mark on her, she is forced to obey him, no matter what.
Slipping the grip of her master and abandoning the prejudice of Regia, her native world, Forest takes a job on Earth, guarding the portal, using her skills as a warrior to enforce Regia's laws. Now, called home for a black ops mission, Forest must put aside her own prejudice to transport the vampire prince, Syrus, through enemy territory in a time of war.
Prince Syrus, mage and master of the Blood Kata, wants Forest more than he's ever wanted anything. In spite of their mutual mistrust, their attraction cannot be denied. Through the danger of their mission, and the secrets they both keep, it doesn't matter what they feel. Forest is forbidden.
 
 
     I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review.
     I cannot say how much I loved this book! When I got to the ending all I could think was "No I don't want it to end!" I was so happy to read a New Adult book. Not that I don't enjoy others I just find NA to be a little refreshing since I am not a teen anymore.
     Forbidden Forest reeled me in right away and left me wanting for more and also reminded me why I wait to read a series until the series is completed or almost completed. I HAVE to know what happens next. It's going to drive me crazy until I do.
     Tenaya did a wonderful job bringing the book to life and grabbing you along for the ride. I felt like I was Alice falling down the rabbit hole into the world of Regia. She did such a great job describing everything and it made it so easy to picture this new world.
     The only thing slightly down I have to say about Forbidden Forest was at times I got a little confused when we would switch to a new point of view.  We mainly see through the eyes of Forest and Syrus but at times it would flip to another character in the book.  Though they were very brief it made me feel like I was stumbling along a smooth path.  I wanted to rush through that and find out what was happening next with the main characters. However, you do need to read the others so as to get an idea about what all is going on in Regia.
    
     I give this book a 16+ rating.  Just for sexual situations and mature themes. 

Interview with Tenaya Jayne:
 

 
ME:  Hello and welcome to Reviews That Bite Tenaya.
TENAYA:  Thank you for the opportunity.
 
ME:  Who was your favorite character in Forbidden Forest?
TENAYA:  Well naturally, Forest is my favorite, but I have a strong attachment to Shi. I feel like she is a shared creation between me and my best friend, who suggested I add dryads to my world. After some consideration, I decided the dryads would be a part of the history, but they would be extinct. So bam, dryad ghost. I like to make sure I have at least one element that is unusual or unique to anything I write. 
 
ME:  Do you have any other books that we all can read while we wait for the next in the Legends of Regia series?
TENAYA:  I have two other titles available on Amazon. Blue Aspen, my first novel. And The Slayer's Wife is a paranormal novella.
 
 ME:  Could you tell us when the sequel will be coming out?  Are you willing to let us know a little bit about what it is about?
TENAYA:  The sequel, Forest Fire, will be out in the spring/summer of 2013. In that book, Forest must overcome some serious problems keeping her from Syrus and from becoming who she really wants to be. If you were reading the back of the book, it might say, The portals will break, the kingdom will fall, will Forest become queen of them all?
 
 ME:  Do you have any critiquing partners or beta readers that look at you books before they come out?
TENAYA:  Sure. I have one beta reader whose opinion I trust completely when it comes to books. And my writers group is a terrific bunch of authors. Then I have my editor, who is fantastic and patient.  
 
ME:  What do you think makes a good book?
TENAYA:  It's simple and yet not always easy to find: good writing and a good story. Many books have one or the other, but when they go together, you've got a good book. For like to turn to love for me, the story has to surprise me and the author has to mesmerize me with their words.
 
ME: What book or books are you reading now?
TENAYA:  I just finished Vows of Revenge by J F Ridgley. It was fantastic!
 
ME:  Do you have any suggestions for new writers?
TENAYA:  Master the language first. Then nothing will stand in the way of your imagination. Read great authors and emulate. 
 
ME:  Where can my readers find more information about you or your books?
ME:  Thank you Tenaya for doing this interview.
TENAYA:  Thank you!
 
ME:  And for my readers please check out her youtube video of Forbidden Forest at

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Found you on Book Blogs! New follower.

    Looks like a great book! I love the cover and interview!

    Alise @ Readers In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review and interview!

    Lauren
    http://lrjohnson13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete