Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Last Witch


For generations the Incenaga Witches have been forced to use their power to fulfill the wishes of others until they are drained of their magic and left to die. Desperate to protect his infant daughter - the last surviving witch - Emmeline’s father escapes with her to the forests where he vows to keep her hidden from the world and from the truth.

Sixteen years later, Emmeline is discovered and finds herself in the grip of a traitor who will stop at nothing to get what he wants, even if it means abusing her power until she dies. As she fights to regain her freedom she is faced with a choice between a prince who offers a lifetime of security and a common gamekeeper who has no idea of her power, but offers his heart.

But who can she trust when her power can be used against her?
 
 
     First I got a want to mention I got a copy of this book from the author herself.  It in no way altered my feelings for this book (which are of my own opinion).  I am grateful for the opportunity I had to read it.  Now, on to the review.
     I can't say I loved this book but I didn't hate it either.  Half of the time I was found myself wanting to scream at Emmaline for this or that.  The other half I enjoyed.  This book starts off great.  You get drawn in from the very first page.  The author's attention to detail was amazing.  And the ending was just as good.  Then there was the middle half of the book.
     I had to force myself to read it.  I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again.  Once I even felt like throwing my computer across the room because I had become frustrated with the montony.  Finally, I pushed threw it until the end.  I was glad I did.
     I give this book a PG-13 rating because of some pretty graphic violence.  There wasn't much of it but it was enough that I wouldn't suggest this to any kid under a teen.  All in all the book left me excited to find out what happens next.

1 comment:

  1. i read the summary up above, the summary was captivating and very interesting. I'd love to read the book :DD

    ReplyDelete